Pakori is a delightful snack made with chickpea flour and slightly seasoned with salt, cumin seeds and red chili powder to give you an authentic and delightful flavour!
With chickpea flour being a plant-based ingredient, it is suitable for vegetarian and vegan diets. In addition, chickpea flour is lower in carbs and calories in comparison to refined wheat flour making Pakori a great alternative to traditional wheat flour based snacks. Every 50g serving of Pakori offers 6g of protein and 3g of fiber!
Pakori is great on its own, but it also tastes great with your favourite dip or salad. Below are a couple of recipes for you to try!
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 5 mins
Serves 4 to 6
• 1 cup finely grated cucumber • 1 cup thick whole milk yogurt • 1 cup whole sour cream • 2 garlic cloves, grated • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1. Place the cucumber on a towel and gently squeeze out a bit of the excess water.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the cucumber, yogurt, sour cream, garlic, salt. Chill until ready to use.
3. Dip Surati Pakori in and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 10 mins
Serves 4 to 6
• 1 long cucumber • 1 medium red onion • 2 diced tomatoes • deseeded and diced handful fresh coriander leaves • chopped 1 red chilli • deseeded and diced 1 green chilli • deseeded and diced 2 limes • juiced 15ml (1 tbsp) vegetable oil • 3 tbsp roasted peanuts, chopped • ¼ tsp chilli powder • ¼ tsp ground cumin • ½ cup Surati Pakori
Peel the cucumber, remove the seeds with a teaspoon, then cut into slices. Put the cucumber slices into a bowl. Add the onion, tomatoes, coriander, red and green chillies, lime juice, vegetable oil and chopped peanuts. Sprinkle in the ground spices, and season well. Top with Surati Pakori. Toss together. Enjoy!
Chickpea flour, vegetable oil (canola and/or soybean oil), salt, cumin seeds, red chili powder & baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate) May contain: Peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, sou milk, sulphites, sesame seeds & mustard seeds
Ingrédients: Farine de pois chiches, huile végétale (huile de canola et/ou de soja), sel, graines de cumin, piment rouge en poudre et levure chimique (pyrophosphate acide de sodium, bicarbonate de sodium, fécule de maïs, phosphate monocalcique)
Peut contenir: Arachides, noix, blé, soja, lait, sulfites, graines de sésame et graines de moutarde